🍌 Banana Oat Bake (No Measuring Needed)
No long backstory; I had bananas, I love banana bread, and I made nana bread.
You’ll need:
• 3–4 ripe bananas (important)
• 1 cup oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill high-protein GF oats); add more if you like dense texture
• 2 heaping spoons of any flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill biscuit mix since it absorbs more moisture)
• 3 eggs
• 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
• Baking powder
• Cinnamon
• Ginger
• Saffron
• Vanilla
• Raisins and/or chocolate (I used Venchi double dark chocolate, pistachio & gianduja)
⸻
Directions:
1. Mash the bananas really well. They should be very soft and easy to mash if they’re ripe enough.
2. Optional: If you prefer it sweeter, add some honey or maple syrup. This also helps with mixing. If you’re using chocolate, the bananas may already be sweet enough.
3. Add the wet ingredients: Mix in the eggs, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, saffron, and baking powder. Stir until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients: Stir in the oats, flour, and ground chia seeds.
5. Adjust consistency: If the batter feels too dry, add a bit of milk until it reaches a thick but pourable consistency.
6. Fold in extras: Add some raisins and chocolate, saving a little for topping. You can also slice a banana and place it on top.
7. Prepare your mold: Grease it with butter or coconut oil, then pour in the batter.
8. Bake at 190°C for about 40 minutes. Baking time may vary depending on your mold, so check doneness by inserting a toothpick
if it comes out clean, it’s ready.
Enjoy <3
Comments
Post a Comment